Analyst/Associate, CLO Analytics & Capital Markets
The Capital Markets team at FS Investments focuses on analyzing and executing various debt offerings (public and private) and institutional equity capital raises for FS Investments. The team is in the process of assisting with the build out of a CLO platform and is looking for an experienced candidate to model CLO compliance, optimize trade substitutions, and assist portfolio managers with monitoring the various CLO transactions. Additionally, the candidate would assist the Capital Markets team with managing $11B of existing liabilities, many of which utilize “CLO technology”, across the FS platform. The candidate will gain exposure to a variety of transaction structures including joint ventures, structured credit facilities, total return swaps, repo arrangements, and prime brokerage arrangements in addition to a variety of securitizations (e.g. MM CLOs, CRE CLOs, BSL CLOs).
The Capital Markets team is looking for a qualified candidate to work on variety of tasks within the group, including building transaction and financial models, market and peer analysis, and presentation materials. This job offers the candidate an opportunity to join a fast-growing firm, and a team that is at the center of helping grow the investment platform at FS.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Build financial models in support of securitization rating analysis and deal pricing.
- Review detailed term sheets and review deal documentation.
- Develop marketing materials for transactions, products, and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare term sheets, and manage transaction timelines and deliverables.
- Model borrowing bases and portfolio constraints to optimize asset substitution.
- Assist with negotiating structured credit, total return swap, repurchase, and prime facilities.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure transactions are properly vetted.
- 3-5 years of prior experience with CLOs, securitizations, or credit structuring.
- Strong financial modeling proficiency and superior Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Degree in engineering, math, statistics, or computer science a plus.
- CFA or MBA a plus but not required.
- Knowledgeable of the ABS, CLO, and credit markets a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent attention to detail; self-motivated and team oriented.
- Ability to produce accurate results under tight time constraints.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical experience.
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency. FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, with offices in Orlando, FL, New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Visit www.fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America