We are looking for a Procurement Buyer that can develop and execute grocery & produce purchasing and production planning activities of produce and upsell items to maintain appropriate inventory to grow sales and minimize disposals. Someone who provides day to day purchasing operational support to warehouse and operations teams. This position is in West Sacramento and is a full-time, non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements strategic procurement plans to achieve purchasing goals.
- Oversees day to day purchasing and program development.
- Oversees product coordination between sales department, production department, and purchasing related units for private label items.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and seasonal sourcing opportunities, in particular holiday focus.
- Monitors and is responsible for commodity inventories in all facilities and shorts in assigned region.
- Supports CSR team with product education support.
- Develops year-round supply calendar to stay ahead of holidays and food trends.
- Represents all company brands at trade association meetings to promote company image and develop sales and purchasing leads.
- Oversees a targeted vendor engagement program. Regular vendor visits to build long term relationships.
- Analyze quality assurance data base identifying best practices in vendor quality control and practices.
- Monitors and supports quick payment of vendors by entering invoices and credits and assist accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Produce or grocery procurement knowledge/experience
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong culture fit with
Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic values.
- Self-starter; multi-task oriented, works well, independently and
acting on own initiative.
- Can adequately set and meet deadlines.
- Be able to work collaboratively on teams.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
- Job Family Procurement
- Pay Type Salary
- West Sacramento, CA, USA