San Francisco, CA, USA
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
The vision of Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic is connecting the communities and sustainable farms through a transparent food system. We nourish communities by delivering organic produce from local farms conveniently to your doorstep.
Participate in the vibrant food culture of San Francisco’s Ferry Building. The Farm Fresh To You Store in the Ferry Building is a small grocery store that sells fresh produce, dairy, grocery, gifts and prepared foods with a focus on items from the company’s local farm, Capay Organic. We are seeking friendly staff to work as part of a team while engaging with customers, receiving and restocking inventory or building prepared sandwiches, salads or juices in the kitchen. This is a part time (20-30 hours per week), starting pay is $15 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting customers by checking them out at cash register, answering questions about products or helping customers find items – always with a friendly and inviting demeanor.
- Preparing sandwiches, juices, salads and other deli items in the kitchen or juice bar.
- Maintain shelves as needed to ensure the store is neat, well stocked and organized.
- Performs housekeeping duties including sweeping, dusting, mopping and trash removal.
- Operate cash register system and be accountable for cash.
- Perform physical inventory.
- Set up displays of produce or sets of other products.
- Some administrative functions.
- Friendly personality
- Punctual and consistent in shift availability (including weekends)
- Ability to learn and complete new processes (cash register, deli inventory procedure, etc.)
- An interest in food and customer service
Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.