Senior Commercial Loan Officer
Empower Federal Credit Union offers excellent benefits including:
Medical and Dental Insurance, 401K with Employer Match, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off and more!
Please note: All candidates will be subject to a credit check to determine employment eligibility.
This position is primarily a sales/management position with the primary purpose to increase Commercial Lending relationships for the department as well as manage those relationships personally generated on an ongoing basis. The employee will call on and interview prospective depositors and borrowers, request and analyze financial data, package information to the underwriters, help maintain the credit files, and assist in managing the other day to day commercial relationships and the commercial portfolio in general. In this position, the employee should be able to perform daily tasks independently and have a good knowledge of acceptable loans and how to package them. Additionally, the employee will interface with Marketing for advertising and promotions for Commercial Lending. The employee will be the primary point of contact for referrals from the Business Development Officers. The employee will interface with branches in conjunction with sales and calling programs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35% Solicit business with an outbound calling effort followed up by in person calls on prospective member businesses and existing Select Employee Groups. Work with the Business Development representatives as needed. Help build and cultivate relationships. Gain an understanding of these businesses, document the findings on an ongoing basis, and cross sell services that are in the best interests of the companies. These tasks should be completed with little supervision.
20% Review financial information as required for credit worthiness and make a reasonable determination on your own as to whether the process should continue. Prepare a written synopsis of the qualified loan request and gather all the required information necessary to analyze and send to the underwriters. Assist in the annual review of borrowing relationships, sending annual information requests and making follow up phone calls as necessary.
20% Responsible for Tier II production goals and/or managing a portfolio greater than $40 million.
10% Interface with Marketing for the execution of advertising and promotions for Business Lending.
5% Assist in collection of past due business loans.
5% Work with the branch managers to solicit businesses located in the vicinity of the specific branches.
5% Perform other duties as assigned, including mentoring additional sales people as circumstances arise.
1. Develop an organized calling program on prospective business members and referral sources to help meet specific loan, fee and deposit goals. Document the efforts.
2. Gather the appropriate financial information required to make a lending decision, put it into a readable format and determine the merits of the request. If necessary, package the loan for further analysis and make sound recommendations based on the information received. Present that request to the Lending Manager or to the Credit Committee.
3. Become involved in local civic, commercial and community initiatives where warranted to increase Empower's exposure. Attend community related events and create networking opportunities.
4. Provide friendly, professional service to members and employees, either in person or on the telephone.
5. Refer at least five businesses to the Business Development Officers as prospective SEGs.
6. Work with the branch managers to solicit businesses located in the vicinity of their specific branches. Go on calls with them. Document these efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
1. Communication Skills - Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions; ability to comprehend complex functions and procedures and to be able to relate that knowledge in a clear and understandable format to others; ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
2. Judgment and Analytical Skills - Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts and develop solutions; ability to analyze statistics and financial data; ability to work within precise standardized guidelines with some latitude to make decisions and take initiative to resolve problems of unique circumstances.
3. Organizational Skills, Time Management Skills, and Flexibility -Ability to assess needs of multiple members and prospective members and prioritize requests to ensure that all receive the highest quality service; ability to handle daily routine with moderate freedom to interpret and act upon various situations; ability to interact with more than one department daily; ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines; ability to and switch between assignments quickly; ability to remain calm in tense customer service situations; ability to assess needs of multiple members and prioritize requests to ensure that all members receive the highest quality service.
4. Sales Skills -Ability to recommend, refer, and sell Credit Union products by determining member need based on account information and conversation; ability to meet and exceed sales quotas as assigned by the credit union.
5. Basic Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide quickly and correctly; ability to use calculator; ability to count cash.
6. Technology Skills -Proficiency with PC and Windows based software, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. This position requires a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods at a time,, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Empower Federal Credit Union (EFCU) and its affiliated companies know employees are our greatest asset. We take pride in our commitment to member service, teamwork, and excellence. We offer employees a work environment designed to encourage personal and professional development.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, creed, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans With Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
a) Fax #: 315-455-5423
b) US mail: 1 Member Way Syracuse NY 13212
c) Phone: 800-462-5000
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 Member Way, Syracuse, New York, United States of America