Technician Support Intern
This position will be responsible for supporting EDFR technicians in the field. This would supporting project operations in the Adrian and Vega Texas area. The intern will shadow technicians during maintenance and trouble-shooting activities in the field. They will also be exposed to manager duties such as reporting responsibilities, NERC requirements, and environmental expectations. They will better understand overall site operations.
- Current student in a bachelors or masters degree program with a major in Wind Technology or related field.
- Eligible to work in the US with no sponsorship.
- Available for full time hours in the San Diego office for 12 weeks.
- Entrepreneurial, energetic and flexible personality with a bias towards action.
- Interested in growing a career in the renewable energy market.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
• Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.
• Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout.
• Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Physical Weight Limit Restriction
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving fall-arrest equipment employees are required to wear while working at heights, maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs. Employee weight subject to review at any time throughout the duration of employment and required annually at a minimum.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
• Extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Confined spaces
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Job Family Intern
- Pay Type Hourly
- Corporate Office, San Diego, California, United States of America