Associate Director of Healthcare Business Operations
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a motivated leader to join our Community Practice team as the Associate Director of Healthcare Business Operations.
Under the direction of the CU Medicine Vice President of Community Practice Division, the Associate Director will develop the vision and direction for business operations delivered by all University of Colorado School of Medicine (CU SOM) practices. The individual in this role will oversee and execute strategies related to patient access processes and revenue maximization; develop and administer policies and procedures; and ensure compliance with federal, state and payer requirements. The Associate Director will collaborate with all CU SOM administrators, faculty and affiliates on a regular basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and monitor business practices to meet administrative and financial goals to support achievement of cost, revenue and volume objectives.
- Create standard workflows for registration, scheduling, telephone management, charge capture and all administrative services related to clinic operations.
- Develop and ensure appropriate orientation and ongoing training for staff related to business systems.
- Develop national benchmark comparisons for financial, operational, and business parameters (e.g., Vizient, MGMA) and execute strategies accordingly.
- Oversee procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively functioning processes and cost control.
- Manage all contracts administration including contract terms, performance, and negotiations.
- Maintain responsibility for asset management and inventory process including tagging, maintenance and life cycle of assets and equipment.
- Oversee management, security, archive, and destruction of patient records to ensure compliance with federal mandates for electronic storage of patient information.
- Develop training for staff regarding confidentiality and security of medical records to ensure medical release according to federal and state laws and statutes.
- Manage ongoing staff, faculty and patient satisfaction surveys and develop ongoing trending of results to identify opportunities for education and process improvements.
- Ensure accuracy of data transmission, timeliness of reporting, remediation of issues, proper training of users, and sharing of data.
- Maintain accountability for all business, clinical and quality dashboards for the Community Practice division.
- Interpret and present data routinely for all levels of leadership and at various meetings.
- Ensure compliance with external quality and business report requirements.
- Serve as a liaison for CU Medicine and School of Medicine committees.
- Lead various teams and groups for projects as assigned.
Requires a Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or related field and 5+ years of progressive health care management experience. Must possess excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills. High level proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio is required. EPIC experience (electronic medical record) is highly preferred. The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior customer service and time management skills. Must show an aptitude in writing and interpreting reports. The ability to multi-task and prioritize workload is essential to success. Flexibility with daily schedule to meet stakeholder needs is required.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America