Credit Resolution Specialist
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine's nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Credit Resolution Specialist to join our team.
The Credit Resolution Specialist will reconcile all credit balance accounts in a timely and accurate manner for Medicare, Medicaid, Contract, Commercial and other third party payers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify refunds, respond to refund requests and compile all documentation for approval.
- Review and resolve accounts identified in credit balance work files.
- Resolve accounts requiring the refund of monies identified through reporting &/or auditing.
- Work with carriers, other CU Medicine personnel, physicians and department administrators to resolve complex credit issues.
- Review and resolve all refund request letters from third party and commercial insurance payers.
- Ensure compliance with refund request timelines for Medicare payers.
- Track and resolve all recoupment notifications from State and Out of State Medicaid payers.
- May attend meetings with carriers and/or departments as needed to discuss credit/refund issues.
- Recall accounts from collection agencies according to established CU Medicine standards.
- Participate in ongoing learning activities to keep abreast of changes in the health care industry and keep up to date with payer websites and resources available.
- Provide support to the Director of Patient Accounts and/or Internal Auditors in the resolution of identified refund requirements as needed on a special project basis.
- Assist other CU Medicine staff with questions about the credit resolution/refund processes.
- Track resolution of all special refund projects as assigned by management.
Requires a high school degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical practice billing; bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must demonstrate high level proficiency in handling credit balance accounts and refund requests. Prior experience with other areas of revenue cycle such as payment posting and accounts receivable resolution preferred. Strong grasp of basic accounting principles required. Advanced verbal and written communication skill combined with a strong attention to detail is required. Must have solid PC and application skills. The ability to handle a very high volume of work with speed and accuracy is essential. The ability to understand and apply contract language to billing is key.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America