Business Support Specialist III - Pediatrics
The Business Support Specialist will provide direct administrative support to the Section head, faculty and staff in the Department of General Academic Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, for all administrative duties related to clinical activities, programs and functions. The individual in this position will maintain and support complex/fluid schedules and manage the coordination of meetings in a timely manner which involves: entering meetings into calendars, coordinating attendees and meeting locations, confirmations, agendas, transcription of minutes and distribution, etc.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with recruitment efforts for clinical and academic staff.
- Credential new hires and existing faculty for all three entities (School of Medicine, CU Medicine, and Children’s Hospital CO).
- Manage provider schedules, leave summaries, coverage reviews, and prepare on-call clinic schedules.
- Coordinate conferences, lectures, documents for Section Head, Medical Directors, and faculty.
- Assist in bookkeeping of grants and restricted funds.
- Serve as assistant to Section Head, Business Manager, and Medical Directors (ad hoc).
- Assist in Faculty Review process.
- Perform general office duties.
- Provide back0up support for other administrative personnel within the department.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years related experience with progressive development as administrative and/or clinical support to executives, managers and/or supervisors. Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Must be able to operate all general office equipment to include computer, copier, fax, transcription unit, multi-line phone, calculator, and printer and must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot minor equipment issues/problems. Must be organized and able to work independently to manage and meet deadlines. The ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions is essential. Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to successfully interact with people at all levels of the organization.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 13123 E 16th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA