Business Support Specialist II - Gynecology Oncology
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Business Support Specialist II to join our team.
The Business Support Specialist II will provide administrative support to 2-3 members of the Gynecologic Oncology Faculty. In addition, the individual in this position will assist the Division Patient Affairs Coordinator and the Division Administrative Assistant/Surgery Scheduler in activities such as completing the daily Cancer Center referral list and routing correspondence to referring physicians.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Schedule Gynecologic Oncology OR cases as directed by clinic nursing staff/physicians.
- Obtain surgery insurance authorizations as required.
- Register and schedule new Gynecologic Oncology patients and obtain referrals.
- Procure new patient medical records in a timely manner.
- Route correspondence to referring physicians and other appropriate care providers.
- Share in answering incoming telephone calls from patients and referring physicians.
- Provide administrative support for Gynecologic Oncology Faculty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years previous health care experience with patient scheduling as a primary focus. Must have demonstrated ability to act independently, have excellent interpersonal skills, and maintain positive work relationships. Due to the nature of our patient population, it is essential the individual in this role must be able to handle complex and sensitive information and situations in a professional and sympathetic manner. Knowledge of medical practice front office operations and medical terminology is required. Direct experience with University of Colorado EPIC system is highly preferred. Must have high level proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Office suite. Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but is not required.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on UPI property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 1665 Aurora Ct, Aurora, CO 80045, USA