Business Support Specialist III - OBGYN Family Planning
The Business Support Specialist will perform administrative duties for the Division Family Planning and in the Department of OBGYN. The individual in this position will be responsible for agenda development, invoice billing and expense reimbursement, assist and manage scheduling processes. Support medical staff credentialing processes, general coordination of various clinical trials, educational activities, functions, and other infrastructure needs of the Division. Complete tasks as assigned by Division Administrator, Chief, and/or Clinical Research Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee administrative schedules with priority to appointment requests for Division Chief and Family Planning faculty.
- Create, manage, and coordinate Division schedules and invites to lectures, meetings, research series, and miscellaneous items.
- Manage meeting agenda, document, and distribute minutes.
- Provide technical support for preparation of conferences, presentations, meetings, and training sessions.
- Support Division Chief and Clinical Research Director with fellowship education and research.
- Complete monthly billing invoices, ensure accuracy and timely submission of payments.
- Utilize and process monthly reports for Procurement Card.
- Submit and reconcile faculty time off.
- Assist with the build, and management, of scheduling system which entails data entry, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, responsiveness to change requests, and collaboration with Division Administrative Director and Division Chief.
- Manage and coordinate business related travel, maintain accurate records, and process associated expenses and reimbursements.
- Provide administrative and travel support for visiting candidates, speakers, guests, and interviewees.
- Maintain and update Division organizational chart.
- Assist with HR related activities from recruitment through onboarding and manage any related scheduling and badge applications.
- Maintain all files – electronic and paper.
- Handle supply orders.
- Compose correspondence and communications for distribution as needed.
- Ensure faculty CVs are updated.
- Assist with essential functions and operations of the division, ensuring current policies and procedures of University and related entities are being followed.
- Maintain centralized Department credentialing records including a shared electronic database of commonly used documents such as medical licenses, DEA certificates, and Board Certification Certificates.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred) and at least three years’ general office support experience. Prior experience in a healthcare setting is a plus. Must demonstrate high proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office applications. Ability to work independently and utilize critical thinking skills is required. Experience managing and handling sensitive and confidential information. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and demonstrate considerable independence and good judgment with excellent interpersonal skills, including good attitude, receptiveness and willingness to perform all requests. Must maintain confidentiality at all times; familiarity with HIPAA guidelines preferred.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.cumedicine.us .
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 12631 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA