Patient Services Supervisor
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Patient Services Supervisor to take on a leadership role within our Patient Services team.
The Patient Services Supervisor will elevate the University of Colorado patient experience by functioning as a leader and resource to the Patient Services Department Call Center. The individual in this position will manage the activities of the team and the department inventory – providing timely and actionable insight and solutions to problems. Other responsibilities include providing feedback to team members, identifying opportunities for process improvement, and partnering with Patient Services Department leadership on staff development initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage overall call center performance in an effort to promote excellence in patient satisfaction and customer service, ensuring all staff possess strong job knowledge and the ability to meet stated goals.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues from staff and patients.
- Review, manage and analyze reporting of call volume, metrics and standards.
- Conduct activities with extended business office, collection agencies, and other 3rd party entities as needed.
- Monitor performance to ensure employee standards and departmental goals are met.
- Build and maintain professional relationships by providing excellent customer service to CUMedicine leadership, faculty, patients, administrators, hospital and associated staff.
- Schedule, train, mentor and provide assistance to team members ensuring all staff acquire knowledge and skills essential to achieve and maintain effective job performance.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and evaluating team member performance.
- Maintain employee record system including timesheets, overtime and changes in status.
- Partner with department leadership to implement creative solutions using actionable feedback for call center team members, walk-in services and reception.
- Assess individual staff progress and development while identifying specific areas needing improvement.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the health care field with exposure to direct patient contact on billing issues. Knowledge of insurance billing processes and medical terminology is highly preferred. Must have proven leadership ability in the coordination of workflows and inventory management for a call center environment. High level PC software application skills including Microsoft Office Suite are required. Strong interpersonal competencies in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential to success. Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and professional maturity. Collections experience is highly preferred.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America