Financial Analyst - Pediatrics
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join our team and support the Department of Pediatrics.
The Financial Analyst will support the Manager of Finance (Pediatrics Dept.) in a variety of financial and business related tasks and will concentrate on understanding the complexities of funds flow between the University of Colorado (UCD), CU Medicine and Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO). This individual will also work closely with Department Business Managers, Grant Specialists, faculty and other support personnel within the organization. The Financial Analyst will work within a variety of financial systems and support the Manager with various financial tasks in order to respond accurately and in a timely manner to requests for financial data, analysis, projections and various projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and submit accurate projections to the Manager of Finance as directed for CHCO, CU Medicine and UCD.
- Reconcile budget variances on a monthly basis for assigned sections and update financial projections accordingly.
- Approve section/department requests for reimbursement, travel, procurement cards, and PO's/SPO's.
- Work closely with UCD payroll coordinators to reconcile monthly payroll/benefits and report any variances.
- Develop additional financial analysis tools to be used in the monthly prep and review of financial information and create business models for use in the strategic planning process.
- Meet with all section business personnel as needed to educate and support understanding of financial issues.
- Provide back-up support to other Financial Analysts on staff.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field; 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a healthcare setting may be considered in lieu of a degree. High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel is required. Must have proven financial analysis, communication and decision making skills. Excellent analytical skills are essential. The ability to work independently, multi-task and handle multiple priorities while managing to established deadlines is critical. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented and a fast learner. The ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format is essential.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 13123 E 16th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA