Charge Correction Specialist - Medical Billing
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a Charge Correction Specialist to join our Accounts Receivable Resolution Department.
The Charge Correction Specialist is the point person responsible for working all charge corrections. The individual in this role will ensure proper process flow in Patient Accounts and Coding Services by providing expertise and recommendations to enhance existing coding/reporting processes.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to enhancement of existing coding and reporting processes, provide recommendations to the Supervisor in regard to process improvements.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures related to Charge Corrections.
- Maintain and monitor timeliness of all Patient Accounts and Coding Services corrections.
- Work with internal resources to analyze and resolve issues directly effecting Fee Coordination.
- Identify data integrity issues through trending BAR edits.
- Keep Supervisor informed of progress of all tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma (or equivalent) and minimum 4 years’ experience in medical billing. Must have and maintain a strong working knowledge of ICD10 and CPT coding as it relates to physician billing; CPC certification is a plus. Strong PC software experience and advanced oral and written communication, and analytical skills required. Ability to adapt to change and openness to new approach is necessary. Must demonstrate innovative and constructive problem solving skills. Ability to meet commitments, accept accountability and work well in both team and individual environments is essential.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America