Chief Financial Officer
University of Colorado Medicine (CU Medicine), the centralized faculty practice plan for the University of Colorado School of Medicine (CUSOM), is recruiting a Chief Financial Officer.
CU Medicine is a 501(c)3 corporation which provides practice and business management services for the 3,000+ faculty providers at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. CU Medicine’s gross charges for FY18 were $2 billion and total revenues were $1 billion. This is an outstanding CFO opportunity with a successful organization engaged in a wide range of innovative health care programs and business ventures.
The Chief Financial Officer will provide financial vision and direction in alignment with the organization’s overall business strategies. The individual in this position will provide leadership and guidance for the balance of the finance core disciplines and provide direction for the overall financial plans and accounting practices of CU Medicine. The CFO will also oversee treasury, investments, cash management, accounting, budget, tax and audit activities. In addition to overseeing all financial matters, the CFO oversees Information Services, Human Resources, Property Management and Contract Processing Operations.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare the annual operating budget for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Implement and monitor internal fiscal controls to ensure functions are carried out in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and CU Medicine policies and procedures.
- Ensure CU Medicine’s fiscal policies and practices are consistent with the maintenance of CU Medicine’s not-for-profit tax exempt status.
- Develop new and innovative ways to enhance financial processes and reports.
- Serve as a member of CU Medicine’s executive team developing and implementing strategies and tactics to guide the organization’s future.
- Provide analyses, reports, and presentations to help guide strategic direction, executive management, and board deliberations.
- Collaborate as needed with CUSOM and affiliated hospital financial counterparts.
- Guide and support the CU Medicine Finance Committee and other committees as needed.
- Provide sound management of the functions and personnel reporting to the CFO.
- Oversee Property Management, including a 184,000 sq/ft Class A office building.
- Provide effective support to the CU Medicine Executive Director/CUSOM Senior Associate Dean for Administration and Finance and serve as a representative of CU Medicine as requested.
- CPA &/or Master’s in Business/Finance with at least 15 years of progressive experience in financial management of a large organization.
- Specific experience in non-profit organizations, academic, faculty practice plan and/or health care organizations is preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- High degree of comfort and confidence working within a matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituents across a complex organization and function as a team leader and collaborator.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America