Legal - Associate General Counsel
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. In addition to being one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank is the exclusive issuer of the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Official Credit Card of the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, the Official Credit Card of the Big 12 Conference, and the Official Credit Card of the Las Vegas Aviators.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
- Collaborating with marketing, risk and compliance to develop and approve materials;
- Keeping informed on state and federal legislative and regulatory proposals that would affect the bank and its activities.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts involving marketing, supply chain, servicing, SaaS, payment systems, e-commerce, consulting, NDAs and technology.
- Tracking and summarizing for business and legal colleagues legal developments, such as actions taken and guidance issued on such developments issued by the CFPB, OCC and others;
- Developing and standardizing offer terms and conditions and disclosures across businesses for credit card marketing and loyalty programs;
- Advising on targeting, segmentation, and general marketing strategies and initiatives, including but not limited to by developing policies and guidelines for such work;
- Managing litigation involving TILA, FCRA, TCPA, UDAPP and FDCPA.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Juris Doctorate degree and a state bar license; must be qualified to register as in-house counsel in Nevada or be licensed as an attorney in Nevada.
- At least 7+ years’ prior experience, preferably with a bank or law firm with an emphasis on one or more of the following: consumer credit and regulatory matters, transactional work or consumer credit and financial services litigation. Other relevant financial services experience will be considered;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must be tech savvy and not intimidated by new systems;
- Experience or familiarity with bank regulatory matters would be helpful;
- Experience reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts;
- Demonstrated ability to provide counsel and guidance on matters ranging from complex legal questions or inquires to routine day-to-day legal matters;
- Familiarity with Reg B, Reg Z, FCRA, TCPA, BSA, E-Sign, CAN-SPAM, Dodd Frank, GLB and privacy, and UDAAP; and
- Outstanding business judgement.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA