Marketing & Fan Engagement Intern - 2019
Position: Marketing & Fan Engagement Intern
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Status: Intern (Non-Exempt)
Duration: Up to 12 months
- Assist with marketing and promotion for all sellable products including but not limited to single game tickets, PSL/season tickets, premium seating, corporate hospitality, the Roar Magazine, and Panthers affinity programs (Kids Club, Newborn Club).
- Assist with the creation of marketing and informational emails using basic HTML coding and design skills.
- Assist with survey data as it pertains to season ticket holders, single game ticket buyers, and other audiences across our database.
- Assist with the production and publication of the Roar Magazine (the official publication of the Carolina Panthers).
- Assist in execution of game day duties, fan engagement events, and specialized member affinity programs.
- Assist in providing a specialized level of customer service to clients, members and vendors, including day-to-day operations, written correspondence, phone calls, account maintenance inquiries, appointment scheduling, follow up, inquiries, etc.
- Assist in daily operations of the Marketing Department, including administrative and clerical support, filing, data entry, renewal calls, storage, inventory management, etc.
- Manual labor often required (promotions item deliveries, event implementation, etc.).
- Assist with all other duties as assigned with a positive attitude.
- Additional typical daily duties include: Calling event entry winners, processing applications and assembling packets for affinity club members, creating and/or editing emails using HTML coding, creating ads, editing ROAR magazine articles, processing ROAR magazine applications and renewals, organizing photo archive, and organizing and managing storage and inventory.
- College degree or actively pursuing a college degree.
- Interest in sports marketing, graphic design, data analysis, writing and/or fan appreciation programming.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook, including the ability to merge documents and manage multi-page spreadsheets for weekly reporting.
- Must be a quick learner who can adapt to new skills at a rapid pace.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and organizational skills and ability multi-task.
- Maintaining a positive attitude while staying self-motivated and being a team player
- Must present a professional and respectful disposition.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, evenings, specified stadium events including non-Panthers events (college games, etc.).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job including standing for long periods of time and lifting approx. 50 lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as basic HTML coding for emails.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
- Walking throughout the stadium which may include stairs
- Lift at least 30 pounds
This job operates mostly in an office environment and outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions.
- Applicants will be notified when their information has been received and those selected for further consideration will be contacted
- Relocation assistance is NOT available
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Panthers Football, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America