Business Analytics Data Scientist
Position: Business Analytics Data Scientist
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Marketing Analytics
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
In 1993, NFL owners unanimously selected the Carolinas as the 29th NFL franchise and the first expansion team since 1976. Over the last 25 years, the Panthers have been a highly successful team on the field, winning multiple NFC South Division titles and playing in two Super Bowls.
Since 1996, Bank of America Stadium, located in uptown Charlotte, has been home to the Panthers. The 75,525-seat, privately-financed, open-air, natural grass stadium was specifically designed for football. Bank of America Stadium also serves as a self-contained headquarters for the Panthers and includes training facilities, practice fields, and administrative offices.
Equally successful off the field, the Carolina Panthers organization is a highly respected, well-regarded, professional managed sports franchise. Since their beginning, the Panthers have been known for providing customers/fans with superior service. The Panthers are recognized as an excellent employer and an outstanding corporate citizen and community partner.
For more information, please visit www.panthers.com.
Business Analytics Data Scientist, reporting to Director, Business Analytics, is responsible for leading key data science and analytics initiatives in support of team marketing strategy. Data scientist will be an independent contributor, leading analyses, experiment design and building both statistical and machine learning models.
- Lead analytics projects, end to end using the full data science technology stack including Python, SQL and visualization tools
- Lead the development of key analytics initiatives including but not limited to:
- Build a fan segmentation and develop fan strategies that support loyalty program design, ticket pricing and premium seating strategies
- Manage the experiment design and optimization of all marketing campaigns, while additionally building media mix models to support optimized marketing spend
- Develop rate cards for media partnerships based on data driven insights to maximize value created from sponsorship relationships
- Determine optimal pricing of merchandise, concessions, food, ticket & premium upgrades
- Create retention and cross-sell models to reduce churn and maximize revenue among season ticket holders and other fans
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and setting the direction for large analytics teams focusing on statistical/multivariate data analysis and building large scale machine learning models
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with ability to derive insight and recommendations from data
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must exhibit team work, reliability, and dependability
- Must be detail-oriented and must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Must be flexible to work weekends, nights and/or holidays when necessary
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or related fields
- Extensive experience in consulting, analytics, or digital agency background
- At least 5 years of Marketing Analytics experience
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
This job operates mostly in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Panthers Football, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America