Outside Sales Representative -Pavement
The Outside Sales Representative delivers sales of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area. Increases product penetration, awareness and sales in the region by evaluating and expanding current customer base, association participation and manufacture relations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for DOT/Pavement sales in Florida.
- Collaborates with Pavement Division Manager to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
- Works to develop strategic working relationships with Coastal team members to track DOT lettings and airport project follow up.
- Work with DOT/Pavement manufacturers to maintain and acquire necessary product approval in all DOT regions.
- Cultivate the local contractor, DOT and engineering firms’ product awareness thru joint product training seminars with pavement focused manufacturers.
- Achieve a highly visual/leadership position in product and application awareness, within the DOT offices, by joining road builders associations at a board level position; attending trade meeting/shows and active engagement within the local branches.
- Analyze and report business conditions (i.e. new product needs, new trends within the region) and recommend actions to Pavement Division Manager and sales team.
- Achieves sales objectives by contributing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; and resolving customer problems.
- Focus on continued education by participating in programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
- Provides quality leadership for Coastal Construction Product’s internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Coastal Construction Products Values at all times: inclusive of constructive problem solving, facilitating creative improvements, and inspiring others.
- Achieves the revenue and profitability quotas for Coastal Construction Products as they are sold into all customer segments within territory. Establishes an environment and foundation for future sales growth.
- Special projects as assigned.
There are some established characteristics of the successful employees in this type of job. They are self-motivated team players. They are skilled at communicating, networking and knowing their own limitations. In addition, some very important attributes needed for success in the job (not limited to) are:
- Personally ethical and high integrity
- Support the Coastal Construction Products vision, both internally & externally
- Effective Communication and listening skills
- Adaptability to change
- Effective persuasion and selling skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Positive attitude
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business administration is preferred; or a minimum of seven years of related experience or training in related field; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Demonstrated record of leadership and achievement in a prior sales position.
- Strong closing skills. Prior attendance at formal sales training courses a plus.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilize to position the features and benefits to customers.
- Ability and means to travel as needed for delivery of materials to jobsites or customer facilities and participation in periodic branch inventories. (Would need to provide proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used.)
- Territory and Profitability Management
- Presentation Skills
- Building Relationships
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Traditional office setting; requiring sitting, typing, standing, squatting, etc.
- Ability to travel as required by role (up to 75% of the time).
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds on a regular basis (demonstration samples).
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or employees via phone and in person
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
- The ability and willingness to handle materials, including loading and unloading commercial carrier trucks and various customer vehicles.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Coastal
- Pay Type Salary
- Miami, FL, USA