After School Childcare Program Instructor
Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same? Come work at Club Fit!
For over 40 years Club Fit Staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state-of-the-art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. In large part, the organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead a healthier life. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Title – After School Child Care Worker
Assures quality supervision and maximizes member experience by providing genuine hospitality and a safe, fun environment for children.
- Provide a fun and safe environment for children.
- Proactively monitor children and activities to ensure that children participate in games/activities.
- Check children in and out of the Energy Center per Club Fit procedure.
Department Strategy and Planning:
- Interact with parents.
- Show attention to detail by regularly reading communications logbook to keep up with Nursery activities / updates.
- Utilize communications log to convey appropriate information to co-workers and manager (if necessary).
- Keep updated staff phone list and schedule.
- Complete training checklist within 3 months of employment.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and annual Club Fit All Staff meeting.
- Be knowledgeable of other club departments, programs and events.
- Assist with training of new staff.
- Partner with a Hospitality Supervisor when a service situation arises.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work, Club Fit, and staff at all times.
- Be punctual for all scheduled shifts or arrange for coverage and inform manager and other staff members accordingly.
- Ensure that members are certain that we care about their well-being by acknowledging them and providing timely and efficient service with a smile.
- Remain polite and courteous.
- Maintain a positive relationship with members, colleagues, manager and other Club Fit staff by demonstrating a commitment to embracing the neighborhood
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
Ongoing Club Fit Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens (annually)
- Dealing with Difficult Members / Customer Service (annually)
- Emergency Response Protocol (ERP) (bi-annually)
- Sexual Harassment (annually)
- Training for Excellence (annually)
- Maintain current CPR/AED
- Maintain current First Aid Certification
- 5-hour Foundation in Health and Safety e-learning course
- Perform any and all tasks required to maintain optimal functioning of the department.
- Participate in club events and staff meetings, as needed.
Direct Line to Energy Center Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Briarcliff, Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States of America