Reception/Hospitality Manager (Interim)
Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Title: Reception Manager
Job Purpose: To provide supervisory leadership to the Reception and Shop Departments by providing a point of contact and act as a focal point of communication between members, staff and management. Leading the Reception/Shop team, ensuring an efficient and professional manner is maintained. Role model, demonstrating genuine hospitality and promoting the culture and core values of Club Fit. Creating energy and enthusiasm for greeting and providing exceptional service for our members.
Accomplishes Staff Results
- Recruiting, hiring, training and communicating job expectations to all new hires
- Coaching, counseling, disciplining, and terminating employees
- Conducting timely performance evaluations and pay reviews as per Club Fit standards
- Maintaining updated Reception and Shop manuals
- Showing attention to detail in Understanding and supporting all club & program policies
Manages Department Strategy and Planning
- Understanding the finances of the department by properly utilizing sales analysis, income statements, MAS90 and various other reports.
- Reviewing the budget and business plan goals and developing fluid plans to ensure they are met
- Managing the budget to ensure all expenses are kept within budget targets
- Keeping all financial information confidential
Contributes to Team Effort
- Ensuring proper desk and shop coverage at all times and filling in when needed
- Program coordination and communication with desk staff by properly utilizing the desk flash, flyer book, and public calendar.
- Being an active member of the Manager on Duty program assuring that the members are certain that we care about their well being
- Accomplishing related results as necessary
Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and literature, establishing personal networks within the health-club industry demonstrating a commitment to embracing the neighborhood
- Attending training sessions with HR
- Direct Line to Assistant General Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Briarcliff, Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States of America