Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment
and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Title: Sports Instructor
Job Purpose: Actively sell, market, and promote Club Fit sports programs, semi private and private sport sessions. Plan, organizes, and implements high quality lesson plans to ensure
an exceptional member experience. Assures quality supervision by providing genuine hospitality and a safe and fun environment for children.
- Market, promote and sell sports related programming by: making telephone calls, interacting with parents and program participants before and after sessions, actively seeking referrals to ensure repeat business.
- Responsible for achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term client retention in line with company vision and values.
- Design sport specific skills and drills specific to member’s needs and goals assuring that the members are certain that we care about their well-being.
- Provide instruction and modification in all sessions to meet the client’s individual needs.
- Provide a fun and safe environment.
- Closets should be left in order when done with class.
- Complete check in/out on attendance list.
- Outline Lesson Plan for each class
- Shows attention to detail in regularly reading communications logbook to keep up with departmental activities/updates. Utilize communications log to convey appropriate information to co-workers and manager (if necessary).
- Keep updated staff phone list and schedule.
- Complete training checklist within 3 months of employment.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and annual Club Fit All Staff meeting.
- Be knowledgeable of other club departments, programs and events demonstrating a commitment to embracing the neighborhood.
- Greets and welcomes participants in a warm and friendly manner
- Initiates, develops and maintains personalized relationships with children and parents.
- Engage the children and make them feel welcome.
- Resolves conflicts in a swift and professional manner.
- Handle member questions, comments and concerns in professional and timely manner.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Positive attitude toward work, Club Fit and staff at all times.
- Punctual for all scheduled shifts, or arrange for coverage and inform manager and other staff members accordingly. Uses Club Fit issued recording timesheet and booking system to record all hours dedicated as Sports Instructor.
- Wear uniform including club-issued shirt and nametag.
- Maintain a positive relationship with members, colleagues, manager and other Club Fit staff.
- Document continuing education courses attended through conferences, conventions or online.
- Maintain current CPR/AED certification
Contributes To Team Effort:
- By performing any or all tasks required maintaining optimal functioning of the department
Direct Line to Sports Director
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Briarcliff, Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States of America