Part Time Weekend Customer Service Shipping and Receiving - Clerk
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
is currently seeking a qualified Part Time Weekend Shipping and Receiving Clerk for ourWharton , NJ location. CDS.
Weekend: 6:30am - 6:30pm
Weekend: 6:30pm - 6:30am
Position Summary: The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will coordinate between drivers arriving to pick up loads of product from the warehouse and the warehouse operations personnel. This is a clerical position that is very much focused on ensuring that the paperwork for all shipments leaving a CDS distribution center is complete and completely free of errors.
Some specific responsibilities are noted below. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Obtain daily scheduled shipment information from the customer service group and communicate same to operational staff in order to ensure seamless execution to the shipment schedule.
- Organize customer orders by appointment time.
- Enter daily activity information into the various electronic platforms.
- Check drivers in & out throughout day, print BOL’s, and outbound detail reports.
- Obtain shipper's release numbers, destination, and trailer number.
- Assign warehouse doors to drivers.
- Update information board and electronic order profiles with the information obtained from the drivers.
- Print/reprint orders as necessary.
- Ensure that order profiles are filled out correctly by operators.
- Work with Supervisors and Junior Supervisors in achieving daily goals on dock.
- Answer phones, direct calls to appropriate party, and provide information to caller as needed.
- Work with operational resources to ensure that shipments are completed in accordance to the scheduled departure time.
- Work with the customer service group on schedule and order changes throughout the day.
- Maintain accurate and organized files for each of the day’s transactions.
The selected candidate will meet the following education/experience and skills requirements. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with different abilities to meet the essential requirements of the job.
- Ability to comply with Company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior to include the Company's tardiness and absenteeism policy.
- 2+ years of recent experience in a similar role; preferably in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with an RF-based warehouse management system (WMS) is preferred.
- Proficient with an RF Scanner.
- Ability to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
- Must have excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. This includes the ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.00
- Wharton, NJ, USA