Customer Service Management Customer Service - Supervisor
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is one of the top 3pl companies in the country and provides advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a national network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio-frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. Currently CDS is looking for a qualified Customer Service Supervisor for our Avenel, NJ location.
CDS offers a competitive wages and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. The company promotes a strong work-life balance. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible to enroll in the company’s 401(k) plan as well as obtain tuition reimbursement.
Position Summary: Executes goals and objectives set by the Customer Service Manager to ensure excellent service to our customers, both internal and external. Builds proficiency in the management of data within the warehouse management system (WMS) and client systems; ensures that client inventory management and order fulfillment responsibilities are completed in a timely fashion and with the highest standard of service. Plans and directs the activities of the local Customer Service Department. Develops procedures and establishes standards to ensure accurate order entry, efficient shipment tracking, and timely delivery of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as required by the Customer Service Manager or CDS Management.
- Complies with the Company’s attendance/tardiness standards as well as all other company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
- Oversees all shipping and receiving transactions and documentation, including, but not limited to receipts, bills of lading, orders, confirming shipments for clients to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Develops and cultivates a strong relationship with all local clients by responding to all inquiries and concerns regarding work orders, invoices, shipments and inventory counts.
- Ensures that the local Customer Service team properly reconciles all inventory and that any issues are escalated to Operations and/or Senior Management as needed.
- Coordinates special and last minute shipping requests, expediting any order as necessary.
- Manages client information using the applicable WMS.
- Understands and complies with all regulatory shipping documentation requirements.
- Creates and/or oversees that SOP’s are written for all Customer Service processes, procedures, and functions.
- Tracks and addresses all Customer Service misses while working with management to establish a root cause analysis and develop corrective action plan.
- Produces reports as required as Management.
- Fosters a team collaborative environment and partnership, working with Operations Management to provide the best end-to-end service to the client.
- Continuously provides new ideas that promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Service Department.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally via electronic and traditional means with all clients and co-workers
- Ensure delivery of business products and services within established timeframes. Works to exceed customer expectations.
- Consults, trains, advises and motivates a diverse group of indirect reports in support of Company financial plans, corporate key performance indicators (KPI) and expectations of the Customer Service Department.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university is strongly preferred.
- Experience: At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in Customer Service at a warehouse or at a transportation, supply chain or logistics company. A strong background in inventory reconciliation and management is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel. Must be organized and detail-oriented.
In order to perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements outlined below are representative of the knowledge/skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to use a computer, word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
CDS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Pay Type Salary
- Avenel, Woodbridge Township, NJ, USA