Operations Warehouse Operator
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
CDS is currently seeking qualified Warehouse/Forklift Operators for our Ontario, CA location. CDS offers competitive wage rates starting at $14.00 per hour, excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and the ability to enroll in the company's 401(k) plan.
- Weekend Shift: Wednesday - Friday (06:30am - 3pm) and Saturday, Sunday (05:00am - 01:30pm)
- Second Shift: Sunday - Thursday (03:00pm - 11:30pm)
Job Summary: If selected for this position, you will be required to execute the goals and objectives set by the Operations Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure an effective and efficient work environment. The prime function of this position is to provide support to the warehouse which will require manually moving, stacking, unstacking, and otherwise manipulating packages to prepare them for transport or storage within the warehouse. You will also be required to operate warehouse equipment, to include powered forklift equipment, in an effort to effectively move product into, out of and around the distribution center to ensure optimal operation of the business.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required. Weekends and overtime may be required.
1) Comply with the Company's attendance/tardiness standards.
2) Load and unload products in a safe and accurate manner.
3) Operate several types of forklifts (i.e. Sit Down, Stand Up, Walkie-Rider, and Hi-Lo).
4) Maintain a competency and certification concerning the safe operation of the different forklifts.
5) Operate various types of equipment in the warehouse, including RF
Scanners and Pallet Jacks.
6) Pick orders for transport.
7) Maintain an inventory of all products and verify that the correct quantity is being shipped to clients.
8) Stack products in the appropriate location
9) Assess all products and pallets and notify supervisor(s) of damage
10) Work on scheduled shifts and overtime (Work additional shifts as assigned by Management).
11) Perform the receiving, loading, and order selection processes as assigned by the Operations Supervisor and/or Manager.
12) Comply with established procedures concerning equipment inspections and sign-out.
13) Assist with the training of newly hired personnel.
14) Participate with the general housekeeping of warehouse daily.
15) Comply with company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
1) Minimum of three (3) months of experience utilizing either a Sit Down, Stand Up, or Cherry-Picker.
2) Minimum of three (3) months of prior warehouse experience.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ontario - California, Ontario, California, United States of America