Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
Currently CDS is looking for a FIRST Shift Class A CDL Shuttle Operator in our Bluffton, IN location. This individual will also operate a forklift within the facility and is expected to work Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m.
This is a great opportunity that provides employees an excellent work-life balance. All travel is local and within a 2.5 mile radius. CDS offers a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision. Employees are also eligible for tuition reimbursement and to participate in the 401(k) after SIX (6) months. The starting pay for this position is $20.00 per hour.
Position Summary: Execute goals and objectives set by the Operations Supervisor/Manager to ensure a working environment conducive to team work and individual motivation. Effectively carry on work assignments as directed. Manually move, stack, unstack, and otherwise manipulate packages to prepare them for transport. Shuttle trailers between the plant and the warehouse and spot drop trailers to doors or lots as assigned. Operate warehouse equipment to include powered forklift equipment in an effort to effectively move product into, out of and around a distribution center. Effectively process relevant written and verbal communication to ensure that all tasks are completed effectively.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties will be assigned by management.
1) Comply with the Company’s attendance/tardiness standards.
2) Work on a variety of shifts to include evening, weekend and overtime shifts as required.
3) Maintain a competency and certification concerning the safe operation of forklift equipment (i.e. stand-up, sit-down, pallet jacks, and hi-
4) Shuttle trailers between the plant and warehouse
5) Operate all vehicles and machinery in a safe manner
6) Inspect cargo, trucks and other machinery for any damage
7) Spot drop trailers to doors or lots as assigned
8) Perform general warehouse duties including the utilization of RF equipment, operate a forklift, and unload/pick/load
9) Maintain a competency and working knowledge of the RF system and equipment
10) Comply with established procedures concerning equipment inspections and sign-out.
11) Assist with the training of newly hired personnel.
1) Has High School Diploma or GED.
2) Three (3) or more months of prior experience operating a sit-down or stand-up forklift.
3) Be at least 23 years old,
4) Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant DOT-regulated commercial vehicle operations on public roads.
5) Possess a valid Class-A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) in the state where you reside.
6) Have not had and DUI, DWI, OWI, or BAC convictions within the most-recent five (5) year period. No more than one such conviction ever.
7) Have no more than one (1) preventable motor vehicle accident in the most-recent (5) year period. All accidents will require the applicant to provide a copy of the associated police report.
1) Experience using RF equipment preferred.
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- Bluffton - Indiana, Bluffton, Indiana, United States of America