Operations Warehouse Operator - Part Time
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
CDS is currently seeking
qualified PART TIME Warehouse/Forklift Operators for our Wharton, NJ facilities.
Shifts may include working Saturdays and/or Sundays WITH FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING. CDS offers
competitive wage rates starting at $12 per hour.
Job Summary: If
selected for this position, you will be required to execute the goals
and objectives set by the Operations Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure
an effective and efficient work environment. The prime function of this
position is to provide support to the warehouse which will require
manually moving, stacking, un-stacking, and otherwise manipulating
packages to prepare them for transport or storage within the warehouse.
You will also be required to operate warehouse equipment, to include
powered forklift equipment, in an effort to effectively move product
into, out of and around the distribution center to ensure optimal
operation of the business.
Essential duties and
responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as
required. Weekends and overtime may be required.
1) Comply with the Company's attendance/tardiness standards.
2) Load and unload products in a safe and accurate manner.
3) Operate several types of forklifts (i.e. Sit Down, Stand Up, Walkie-Rider/Pallet Jack, and Hi-Lo).
4) Maintain a competency and certification concerning the safe operation of the different forklifts.
5) Operate various types of equipment in the warehouse, including RF
Scanners and Pallet Jacks.
6) Pick orders for transport.
7) Maintain an inventory of all products and verify that the correct quantity is being shipped to clients.
8) Stack products in the appropriate location
9) Assess all products and pallets and notify supervisor(s) of damage
10) Work on a flexible scheduling of shifts and overtime.
11) Perform the receiving, loading, and order selection processes as assigned by the Operations Supervisor and/or Manager.
12) Comply with established procedures concerning equipment inspections and sign-out.
13) Assist with the training of newly hired personnel.
14) Participate with the general housekeeping of warehouse daily.
15) Comply with company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
1) Minimum of three (3) or more months experience utilizing either a Sit Down, Stand Up, or Cherry-Picker.
2) Minimum of three (3) or more months of prior warehouse experience.
The starting pay rate for this position is from $11.60-$12 per hour with a $0.50 increase after 90 days of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wharton, NJ, USA