Customer Service Inventory Control Systems - Clerk
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
Currently CDS is looking for a
qualified Inventory Control Clerk for our Fort Gibson, OK location. The
ability to work overtime is required. CDS offers competitive wage
rates, excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition
reimbursement and the ability to enroll in the company's 401(k) plan. We
are currently hiring for the following shifts:
1) Monday through Friday 6:30am-2:45pm
The Inventory Control Clerk executes goals and objectives set by the
Operations and Customer Service Management team to ensure excellent
service to our customers, both internal and external. The primary role
of this individual will be to maintain accurate inventory levels. This
position builds proficiency in the administration of data within the CDS
warehouse management system and client systems; ensures that client
inventory management and order fulfillment responsibilities are
completed in a timely fashion and with the highest standard of service.
Some specific responsibilities are noted below. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Assist the Customer Service and Operations Department by maintaining an accurate count of all inventory.
- Ensure that any inventory loss is immediately reported.
- Receive, unpack, inspect, and count inbound materials and components.
- Enter all electronic customer inventory and order information.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with all colleagues and client representatives.
- Perform reconciliations of current inventory as necessary and/or requested and immediately notify supervisory and management staff of any discrepancies.
- Operate a sit-down or stand-up forklift as necessary to move product.
- Maintain a competency and certification concerning the safe operation of forklift equipment, (i.e. stand-up, sit down forklifts, and pallet jacks).
- Comply with established procedures concerning equipment inspections and sign out.
- Assist with the training of newly hired personnel.
- Participate daily with general housekeeping of warehouse.
- Maintain a competency and working knowledge of the RF system and equipment.
The selected candidate will meet the following education/experience and skills requirements. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with different abilities to meet the essential requirements of the job.
- Ability to comply with Company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior to include the Company’s tardiness and absenteeism policy.
- 1+ year(s) of recent experience in a similar role; preferably in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- 1+ year(s) of prior experience operating a forklift
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with an RF-based warehouse management system (WMS) is preferred.
- Proficient with an RF Scanner.
- Ability to read, count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly. This includes the ability to correctly interpret and log a large sequence of numbers in the correct order.
- Must have excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. This includes the ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $10.00
- Job Start Date Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Fort Gibson, OK 74434, USA