About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Relationship Manager (“RM”) is able to handle both (i) client-facing business development responsibilities as well as (ii) portfolio management responsibilities. This type of RM is typically found in lending teams with a smaller number of people where someone may need to carry out both functions. In a larger lending team, this title can exist for someone who wants to transition from PM to SRM but is not quite ready for the loan goal targets of a SRM. This position’s function is to identify and bring new loan clients and be able to manage an existing portfolio assigned to them.
1. Identify and bring new clients to the Bank. Each RM should have a specific new loan commitment/outstanding goal set by their Team Manager every year (See Attached).
2. If such an RM is also a Team Manager, then such RM should also have specific goals to cross-sell Bank’s other products and services.
3. RM is to negotiate and structure the primary terms of the loan with the client; circulate concept memo if needed prior to issuance of term sheet/LOI.
4. Work with designated underwriter, loan assistants and other loan support staff to prepare the Credit Commitment Report (“CCR”) for new loans, renewals, amendments and annual reviews.
5. Present each CCR to the requisite approval authority levels. The finished CCR is the work product of a team but the RM is ultimately responsible for the content.
6. Review loan documents, either internally prepared or by outside counsel, to ensure accuracy.
7. Work with loan assistants and loan support staff to ensure all necessary items needed for the closing of the loan is in process and well-managed; RM is to manage the client experience of this process.
8. Portfolio management functions include monitoring and managing the credit quality of the assigned loan portfolio.
9. Review to ensure each credit is properly risk rated based on the Bank’s risk rating system.
10. Reviews client’s accounts and portfolios in order to identify, evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss to the Bank.
11. Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on best-in-class customer service while adhering to required timeframes from the client.
12. Assist with mentoring and coaching junior officers and loan staff.
• Education: College graduate with major in related fields.
• Experience: 3-5 years of commercial lending and banking experience with thorough knowledge of lending regulations and credit/underwriting practices.
• Must possess strong loan negotiation (rates, terms, collateral requirements) experience.
• Must possess previous underwriting experience in the requisite area of commercial lending.
• Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank’s credit policy, risk management, underwriting requirements and loan servicing.
• Must have strong knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services and have demonstrated ability to cross-sell such products.
• Skills/Ability: PC proficient. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English/
Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus but not required. Ability to work well independently to structure loans and/or lines of credits. Must be organized and detail oriented and able to multi-task. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production and team environment. Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines. Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision-making. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank personnel.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.