About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
The AML Senior Investigator is responsible for leading and supporting a team of AML Analysts in day-to-day monitoring and/or investigations of potential suspicious activity.
Approves cases by ensuring accurate and timely submission of all required reports (i.e. SARs); conducts enhanced due diligence reviews, and reviews other new or existing high risk customer relationships of the bank.
Ensures that assigned cases delegated by AML Investigations Officers are executed in accordance with FCIU policies and procedures. Responsible for researching detailed information, including names and accounts provided by multiple sources to determine if there is evidence of criminal activity. Based on established protocol, evaluates transactions and customer relationships to identify issues and escalate for further investigation.
1. Maintains a current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations.
2. Reviews various reports utilized by the FCIU Department for purposes of completing daily activities. Performs review of related transactions to assist in determining if activity warrants further customer review or referral for potential investigation. Analyzes complex data and makes reasonable recommendations for action to be taken.
3. Completely and accurately documents steps taken through the investigation process.
4. Clears alerts generated by AML software in accordance to established procedures.
5. Prepares Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) in compliance with established regulatory guidelines and time frames.
6. Interface with branch/lending staff to obtain information related to their client's transaction activity.
7. Execution and/or implementation of projects, processes and initiatives.
8. Work with internal FCIU groups to ensure consistent understanding of requirements.
9. Function as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) issues, as well as broader functional knowledge.
10. Communicate findings to VP Managers when necessary.
11. Provides training, coaching, and reviews the work of other investigators.
12. Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the function or department.
13. Regular overtime is required, this includes occasional weekend days.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience: 4+ years of experience in investigations or related position.
• Skills/Ability: Understanding of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), AML, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) with the ability to apply and explain regulatory concepts. Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision. Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a high-pressure environment. Results oriented team player. Strong problem solving ability. Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and appropriate disposition. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal/written communication skills. Competent with in-house software and AML compliance monitoring systems. Proficient in MS Office (OneNote/Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local non-discrimination law.