About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Portfolio Manager (“PM”) is responsible for maintaining and monitoring existing commercial loan portfolio and work closely with the SRM who owns the relationship of these accounts. PM is expected to maintain close contact with these clients and leverage the relationship to identify and bring in additional new business opportunities, both in loans and Bank’s other products and services. PM is expected to provide “best-in-class” service to these loan clients while following established Bank’s policies and procedures.
1. PM is to work closely with SRM(s) and Team Managers on the assigned loan portfolio by monitoring and managing the credit quality of such portfolio.
2. Review to ensure each credit is properly risk rated based on the Bank’s risk rating system.
3. Maintain and grow existing client relationships, cross-sell Bank’s other products and services.
4. Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination of new credits from the existing client base, portfolio monitoring, renewals, amendments and annual reviews.
5. Work with designated underwriter, loan assistants and other loan support staff to prepare the Credit Commitment Report (“CCR”)
6. Reviews client’s accounts and portfolios in order to identify, evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss to the Bank.
7. Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on best-in-class customer service while adhering to required timeframes from the client.
• Education: College graduate with major in related fields.
• Experience: 7-10 years of loan account relationship management experience, credit underwriting experience or a combination of both. Thorough knowledge of lending regulations and credit/underwriting practices.
• Must have strong loan portfolio management experience.
• Must possess strong loan negotiation (rates, terms, collateral requirements) experience.
• Must possess previous underwriting experience in the requisite area of commercial lending.
• Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank’s credit policy, risk management, underwriting requirements and loan servicing.
• Must have strong knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services and have demonstrated ability to cross-sell such products.
• Skills/Ability: PC proficient. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English/
Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus but not required. Ability to work well independently to restructure loans and/or lines of credits. Must be organized and detail oriented and able to multi-task. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production and team environment. Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines. Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision-making. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Bank personnel.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local non-discrimination law.