About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
As a “subject matter expert”, will provide training, guidance and encouragement to less experienced bankers/MLOs in a designated region of branches. Following established policies and department procedures, responsible for loan production and processing to support fee income growth and provide the highest level of expertise and customer service. To be able to work with branches and customers and provide excellent customer service. Assess mortgage needs of customer and provide various beneficial Cathay Bank mortgage products. Primarily responsible for supporting the SCA Region 3 branches whenever a need for a mortgage loan is required.
1. Travel to assigned Branches and assist customers who are interested in residential mortgages. Provide expertise and address questions, resolve problems and identify ways to meet the customer’s financial needs.
2. Assist customers to complete loan applications. Gather information and process each file from initial approval to closing in a timely manner.
3. Act as a liaison between branches, underwriter, closing agents and other related parties.
4. Follow up with customers and related parties on outstanding loan conditions, provide assistance to resolve processing problems.
5. Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all loans.
6. Submit accurate information that constitutes a complete loan application as required by regulations.
7. Input correct loan information into the system for processing. Ensure that all loan documentation is complete, accurate, verified and complies with Bank policy.
8. Maintain pipeline report and notify management of status as needed.
9. Assist branch personnel in cross-selling other bank products and services, to ensure an outstanding customer experience for existing and prospective customers.
10. Assist branches to organize and conduct mortgage seminars as needed.
11. Participate with real estate affiliated organizations to help promote the bank and the banks products.
12. Must be knowledgeable with all bank products with a proven track record in loan closings.
13. Network with Real Estate Agents for referrals.
14. If schedule permits, maybe be asked to travel other regions, in state and out of state to assist in mortgage origination and training.
• Education: Associates Degree preferred.
• Experience: Minimum 3 years mortgage lending and banking experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and loan processing in a multi-state lending environment.
• Skills/Ability: Organized and detail oriented. Able to develop working knowledge of Bank’s credit policies and approval process for assigned loans. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production environment. Strong organizing and problem-solving skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service; Bilingual is a plus.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local non-discrimination law.