Credit Analysis Officer
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan analytical expertise and underwriting skills to a team of Commercial Loan Officers. Analyzes loan transactions and credit worthiness of existing and prospective borrowers. Prepares a detailed and accurate credit analysis and provides opinions and recommendations regarding an existing or prospective Credit/Borrower and potential risks and how to mitigate such risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluations on a loan request are complete and thorough, so credit approval can be considered.
1. Reviews existing loan exposure, proposed extensions of credit and financial information; evaluates credit structure and terms; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors and completes a Credit Report that incorporates all the analysis noted above in a quality, thorough, accurate and well-thought-out manner.
2. Recommends credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within portfolio risk standards.
3. Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
4. At the direction of and/or in concert with the Account Officer, contacts borrowers directly, as appropriate, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
• Education: College degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred. Intermediate accounting is required or must be completed within 12 months of hire.
• Experience: Detail-oriented, Working knowledge of credit, accounting, credit procedures and financial statement analysis. At least 3 years of working experience in analyzing and underwriting medium size commercial credit (C&I or CRE transactions), which includes analyzing financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with reviewing and understanding collateral audit results and collateral issues and values, loan structuring and analysis of guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns and familiarity with various industries preferred. Minimum 1 year of actual authorship of credit approval reports.
• Skills/Ability: Good knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures. Good organizational and analytical skills. Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and well-thought-out recommendations based upon analysis of a loan structure and request. A team player but able to work independently and collaborates effectively with the Business Development lending teams, other Bank personnel and outside contacts. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and working knowledge of financial spreading programs such as CASH Insight.
- Pay Type Salary
- El Monte, CA, USA