About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Manage and lead the AML team in alert and case disposition, prepare/review/approve SARs, complete account resolution and loan due diligence. Provide leadership to the AML Team members.
Stay abreast of money laundering typologies.
• Stay abreast of FFIEC anti-money laundering rules and regulations as well as OFAC regulations, ensure team members are also staying current on rules and regulations.
• Utilize AML Tracking software systems and other reports to detect ML/TF suspicious activities, take appropriate action in a timely manner
• Review customer account activities on an ongoing basis, take appropriate action in a timely manner
• Prepare Case Investigative Write-ups with active involvement in the identification, investigation, and resolution.
• Ensure that all duties are performed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Interact with external business lines concerning BSA/AML/OFAC issues and processes.
• Develop, coordinate, and facilitate training programs, sessions, and seminars to educate bank personnel on related compliance requirements and procedures.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of Bank forms, notices, and procedures and monitoring processes for compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations.
• Supervise staff, set goals and objective, monitor performance, coach and provide feedback. Onboard and train employees for current and future roles in the department
• Education: College degree in Business and/or Accounting
• At least 5 years of relevant AML experience in banking environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivation and possess an enquiring mind.
• Ability to lead and manage a diverse team, coach and hold employee accountable for results
• Fluency of the Chinese language preferred (Cantonese or Mandarin)
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local non-discrimination law.