More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Following established company policies and procedures, assists Loan Officers in the following essential functions.
1. Prepare new and renewed underwriting packages.
2. Order Credit reports, OFAC, Entity & UCC lien searches.
3. Support Loan Officers in loan closing and funding.
4. Assist Loan Officers with various account monitoring activities.
5. Upload the credit files into Vision Content.
6. Respond to customers' inquiries.
7. Handle daily loan transactions & outgoing wire transfers.
• Education: College degree in accounting or finance preferred, but not required
• Experience: Experience in a lending or banking preferred, but not required
• Skills/Ability: Proficient with Microsoft applications; Proficient in verbal and written communication skills in English; Bilingual in English and Chinese a plus.
- Pay Type Salary
- Flushing, Queens, NY, USA