AVP, Sr. Operational Auditor
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Under the supervision of the SVP, Chief Internal Auditor and the VP, Audit Manager, the AVP, Senior Operations Auditor conducts operational, compliance, and financial audits, of central operations departments, administrative departments, lending units and other business activities of Cathay General Bancorp and its subsidiaries. The audits may cover any functional or organizational activity, with emphasis on complex and higher risk areas. As an AVP, Senior Operational Auditor, when assigned as Auditor-in-Charge, plans, conducts, coordinates, and directs the activities of assisting auditors. An AVP, Senior Operational Auditor performs all duties in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing.
1. Prepares high level flowcharts or control narratives, risk assessment and audit program of the audit area/function/department to determine the nature of the operations and the existence of sufficient internal controls used to achieve established objectives and minimize the risk exposure to the Bank.
2. Reviews, verifies and analyzes transactions, documents, records, and reports for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness.
3. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control methods, policies, and procedures.
4. Determines that duties are performed in accordance with company policies, operating procedures, other management instructions, and regulatory requirements.
5. Determines that transactions are recorded promptly and accurately.
6. Determines that assets are safeguarded adequately.
7. Conducts interviews with appropriate Company personnel to supplement assigned audit test.
8. Prepares professional work papers including supporting documentation for each audit issue identified.
9. When acting as Auditor-in-Charge, performs the following additional duties:
• Plans the audit including development of the risk assessment, high level process flows, internal control documentation, and the audit program.
• Assigns segments of the program to assisting auditors.
• Provides guidance to assisting auditors to ensure they conduct themselves in a professional manner.
• Oversees staff assignments to ensure completion within established time budgets.
• Immediately informs the Chief Internal Audit and/or Audit Manager of any conditions that may adversely impact the audit or the Company’s safety and soundness.
• Reviews work papers prepared by assisting auditors for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares Exit Grid with findings and recommendations for the review and approval of the Audit Manager and Chief Internal Auditor.
• Presents audit findings to management in Exit meeting.
• Prepares draft audit reports for the review and approval of the Audit Manager and Chief Internal Auditor.
• Performs follow up to determine the existence and adequacy of corrective actions taken by management in response to audit recommendations.
10. Develops good working relationships with auditees and collaborates with auditees during the audit process.
11. During the professional performance of their duties, the Senior Auditor is expected to:
• Recommend revisions to audit programs resulting from changes in operating activities.
• Recommend the scope of audit testing and the resources needed, including the use of computer assisted auditing techniques (CAAT)
12. Performs fraud investigations as assigned.
13. Provides on-the-job training to Auditor Is and Auditor IIs.
14. Provides assistance on SOX work and to external auditors as assigned
15. Performs special projects as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor and/or Audit Manager.
16. Maintains and enhances technical and professional competence through continuing education.
• Education: BA/BS in accounting, business, finance or related field.
• Experience: At least 5+ years audit experience, including at least 3 years in financial services.
• Skills/Ability: Effective oral, written, and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of management.
Strong understanding of internal control theory and audit techniques, and a good understanding of computer assisted audit techniques.
Strong understanding of internal control theory and audit techniques
Effective project management skills.
Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of computer assisted audit techniques.
Must be a team player.
Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision.
Ability to travel, including occasional overnight and overseas assignments.
• Certifications: Hold or be actively pursuing certification, such as CIA, CPA, CFSA, and/or CISA.
- Pay Type Salary
- El Monte, CA, USA