Brand & Product Marketing Manager
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
The Finished Lubricants & Chemicals business unit of Calumet Specialty Products is positioning its unique portfolio of premium brands to drive accelerated growth for Calumet Specialty Products downstream. The Brand Manager for Royal Purple and Bel-Ray represents an exciting opportunity to define the growth strategy and lead implementation of the agenda for the Royal Purple and Bel-Ray brands across the U.S.
The Brand Manager will play a key role in delivering the objectives of the brands and will be responsible for developing marketing plans to ensure delivery of annual EBITDA targets. This role requires partnership and collaboration across functional teams, including but not limited to sales, marketing services, channel marketing, R&D/Technology, operations, finance, and legal. This role reports to the Director, Brand and Product Management.
- Lead in a way that reflects Calumets Vision, Mission and Values
- Participate in the development of the long-term growth strategy to position brands for success given aggressive 5-year EBITDA goals
- Share P&L responsibility with the channel team for Royal Purple and Bel-Ray to deliver against aligned strategies and business commitments. Track progress versus plan and account for results
- Drive development of brand plans across portfolio, including helping in the development of 5-year innovation pipeline based on industry and consumer insights. Effectively drive strategic planning agenda and partner with R&D/Technology, Channel Marketing, Sales, Operations, Legal and Regulatory to build business case, validate and successfully launch
- Lead key project prioritization and management across functions. Projects will range from active pricing management to short-term volume and profit delivery and long-term brand equity building including product launches, innovative packaging and targeted media campaigns
- Direct positioning of Royal Purple and Bel-Ray brands including brand architecture, positioning statements, brand identity development, brand frameworks and guidelines
- Direct creative agency relationship and campaign development for marketing team
- Oversee program budgets and timelines with discipline to drive flawless execution, hitting all milestones within/under budget
- Collaborate with channel teams (Consumer, Industrial, Commercial) to provide support and input for channel specific executions
- Establish success criteria for in-market performance; tracking brand and project performance by converting KPIs and findings into specific insights and actions that add value to the business and future plan adaptations
- Develop reports/presentations as needed to inform and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Enhance Calumet culture by staging inclusive activities that promote brand personalities and positive workplace environments
- Bachelor's degree
- Marketing Expert – Understands how to define consumer and customer targets, identify powerful insights, and build effective integrated marketing campaigns to deliver growth strategies and commitment. Leverages the power and purpose of integrated marketing campaigns and purpose-driven media channels including digital, social and broadcast
- Strategic Marketing Ability - demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into clear objectives and tactics, and to proactively anticipate future trends or problems, their potential impact, and how to address them with relevant strategies
- Team Player – Calumet’s Finished Lubricants and Chemicals division is defining its team culture and a successful candidate will embrace idea that success as a team comes first
- Strong strategic thinking and project management skills; highly organized
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years in brand and product management, marketing planning, P&L management, and agency management
- Lubricants and chemicals industry experience
- Strong track record of effective partnering and collaboration with cross functional team members
- Ability to effectively brief, lead and maintain accountability with agency partners
- Ability to oversee and track multiple projects with due dates and varying requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering results plus the ability to accept high levels of delegated responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Salary
- 600, 15021 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77094, USA