Dayforce Recruiting Privacy Notice
This notice describes how we collect, use, share, and secure information within the Dayforce Recruiting product. The primary purpose of this product is to collect recruiting information on behalf of prospective employers. When you fill out an application and hit “submit”, the information you provided in the application is provided to a prospective employer. We do not control the privacy practices of the prospective employer. This notice covers only our practices with respect to your use of the Dayforce product. Ceridian HCM, Inc and its subsidiaries Dayforce Europe Limited, Ceridian Canada Ltd., Ceridian Australia Pty Ltd, and Ceridian Mauritius Ltd. (“Ceridian”) participate in the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework . For more about this program and the transfer of data outside the E.U. please refer to the Cross Border section of this notice, below.
The Information We Collect
We collect both personal and non-personal information from you. “Personal Information”, means a data element or combination of data elements that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. ”Non-personal information” means information that does not directly or indirectly identify you, and including Personal Information that has been de-identified or anonymized.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- By Asking - We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For instance, if you apply to a job posting you may be asked to provide email address, contact information, educational history or work experiences.
- Web Beacons - A web beacon is an electronic file on a Web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our website. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email. Web beacons may also provide the type of information provided by cookies concerning your use, preferences, and activity on a website.
- Web Server Logs - The computers that deliver our web pages to you may record information. For example, a web server log may record the search terms you enter on our websites, the link you clicked to bring you to the web page, your IP address, or cookies that are set on your browser.
- Other Sources - Other companies may provide us with the contact information of individuals who they think may be interested in, or benefit from, our products or services.
How We Use Information
We use information collected from you to deliver recruiting services to our clients and to you. We may also use information collected during your use of the product to personalize your experience, or to improve the product, our website or our customer service, and to process transactions.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Affiliates - We may share information with companies that we own or control, that are owned or controlled by us, or that are under common ownership or control.
- Business Transition - In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired, we may share all types of information with the acquiring company.
- Law Enforcement - We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Dayforce, or another person.
- Legal Process - We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Partners - We may share information with other companies that provide products or services to the recruitment process.
- Service Providers - We may share information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing and distributing communications, responding to inquiries or as part of the recruiting process.
Choice and Consent
Ceridian provides notice as to the purposes for which personal information is collected, used, retained, and disclosed. By using this product, you are unambiguously consenting to the collection, use, disclosure and sharing of your provided personal information as described in this notice. An organization may contact you to obtain your specific consent to contact references, to conduct background checks, to obtain sensitive information, and/or for employment verification.
Retention and Disposal
Ceridian retains personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the stated purposes or as legally required and thereafter appropriately disposes of such information.
Access and Quality
Unless Ceridian is permitted or required by law to prohibit access, you may request access to your personal information by contacting Ceridian in the manner set out in the “Enforcement” section of this notice. We will respond to your request within the time limit set out by the applicable privacy legislation and, if applicable, will provide you with an estimate of the of the cost to you associated with administering and responding to your request.
How We Secure Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure, and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this notice. Even so, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
Individuals may raise concerns or complaints regarding their Personal Information with Ceridian by completing this FORM and submitting it via email to: Privacy@Ceridian.com or by mailing it to our Chief Privacy Officer at Ceridian HCM, Inc. 3311 E. Old Shakopee Road, Minneapolis, MN 55425, Tel: 952-853-8100.
If an individual files a complaint, Ceridian will investigate the matter or suspected failures to comply with this notice or Ceridian’s Privacy Principles. Ceridian will respond to the individual within 45 days of receiving the complaint. Ceridian will take all appropriate action to remedy any such issues. If the matter cannot be settled, Ceridian agrees to cooperate with the dispute resolution system set forth below.
If individuals feel that their complaint was not satisfied, they may file a formal complaint, free of charge, with the regulatory bodies below.
In Canada, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Privacy Commissioner in the applicable province
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
In the U.S., the Attorney General in the applicable state
In the E.U., the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Officer or their member state Data Protection Authority.
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Information Commissioner: Mr. Christopher Graham
c/o ICO International Team
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow-Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: +44 1 625 54 5 246
To contact the DPAs directly see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/eu/index_en.htm
In Switzerland, the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner
Office of the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner FDPIC
CH - 3003 Berne
Telephone: +41 (0)58 462 43 95
Telefax: +41 (0)58 465 99 96
Regarding Privacy Shield, complaints should be filed with the entities in the following order: Ceridian, the applicable EU Data Protection Authority, the Department of Commerce, the FTC, and finally the Privacy Shield Panel.
Ceridian will conduct periodic assessments to confirm the accuracy of this notice and verify its adherence to Ceridian’s Privacy Principles. In addition, Ceridian will deploy internal auditing measures to monitor its compliance with the Principles and to address all questions or complaints.
Changes to this Notice
We may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes to our notice, those changes will apply to information collected after the effective date listed. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy policies.
Cross Border Transfers
Ceridian and its subsidiaries process Personal Information for employers with employees around the world who have contracted for certain services with Ceridian. When rendering such services, the relevant Personal Information is processed in accordance with this notice. For data transfers to the U.S. from the E.U. Ceridian complies with the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use, retention and disclosure of personal information from the E.U. and E.E.A. to the U.S., and certifies its adherence to the Privacy Shield Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, enforcement, and the applicable supplemental principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov
Ceridian HCM, Inc. is a global leader in human capital management whose product offerings include the award winning, cloud-based Dayforce product.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 31, 2016