Wetland Biologist Project Manager
SpecPro Professional Services (SPS) is seeking an experienced Wetland Biologist to support the environmental division of the U.S. Army Reserve (USAR) 63rd Regional Support Command (RSC) in Mountain View, California. The 63rd manages over 200 USAR facilities located in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California.
Responsibilities (quantities are estimated on an annual basis):
- Manage 63d RSC Wetland Program.
- Assist Wildlife PM in revising the Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan (INRMP).
- Implement 2015 INRMP wetlands management requirements.
- Conduct wetland delineations IAW 2015 INRMP.
- Conduct wetland delineations for new facilities, EAs, and RECs up to 9 delineations.
- Conduct up to 3 planning level survey wetland delineations.
- Conduct wetland surveys IAW 2015 INRMP.
- Monitor and update existing wetland surveys IAW INRMP for up to 10 facilities.
- Assist Environmental Engineer PM in monitoring and identifying areas needing erosion and sedimentation control measures.
- Attend necessary continuing education training to understand current wetland conservation practices and case law. Attend necessary continuing education training to understand current NEPA practices and case law.
- Conduct up to 10 aquatic species surveys IAW 2015 INRMP.
- PM will prepare, manage, staff, write, and finalize one EA/FONSI. EAs will include on average one public meeting. PM will coordinate and incorporate input from all PMs and AEMs and other Directorates and MACOMs as appropriate.
- Shall have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in wetlands biology or a closely related field of study
- At least 5 years of experience delineating wetlands meeting United States Corps of Engineer (USACE) Guidelines; and 5 years of experience writing wetland survey reports meeting USACE Guidelines.
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience writing NEPA documents.
- Must have expert knowledge of the Clean Water Act especially Section 404.
- Must have advanced knowledge and five years of experience in identifying plant and wildlife species associated with wetlands in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California using most current scientific research and nomenclature.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mountain View, CA, USA