Senior Business Process Analyst
The BPA will capture business rules and current processes, assertively promote and lead process improvements and interface with information systems, business intelligence specialists and quality support specialists to deliver process improvements, new/improved systems automation and other solutions that will help the organization adapt and improve over time.
The BPA will work hand-in-hand with the Director of Project and Portfolio Management to foster the adoption of standard project management methodology, continuous performance improvement practices, and project management tools throughout the organization.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize and document process improvement opportunities and lead cross-functional teams to tackle new initiatives or projects that will drive business value for the organization. .
- Research and document current and future-state for business process flows and requirements and help translate those into IT technical requirements when systems are created, enhanced or replaced.
- Quantify business improvements, revenue-enhancing opportunities, short and long-term costs, cost savings and overall business impact of various projects and organizational initiatives.
- Collaborate with the quality support team to ensure intelligent risk is aligned with the organization’s quality requirements.
- Collaborate with business intelligence specialists to ensure process improvements incorporate a data-driven approach, automation and systems improvement and measurable metrics and reports for tracking improvement over time.
- Collaborate with IT and departmental staff to develop, test, review, implement and maintain organizational systems.
- Provide instruction to Project Management and LSS classes
- Help grow the organization’s adoption of project management tools and other performance improvement practices.
- Provide guidance and support to new or inexperienced project leaders in project management best practices and drive project success.
- Provide guidance and support to Business Process Analysts
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
As a key Bloodworks individual contributor and member of the Process and Project Management team:
- Consistently model values of Bloodworks and coach for same expectation; contribute and build upon current practices and procedures in support of values, mission and goals.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Exhibit respect for others and help others willingly.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate trust in each other and have assurance that issues discussed will be kept in confidence.
- Provide timely and honest feedback to team members regarding how the team functions.
- Challenge and offer support to peers to ensure each department/group is contributing to the success of the organization.
- Function effectively within the team and participate and contribute constructively to produce results in a collaborative manner
- Ensure department’s actions are in compliance with laws, regulations and Bloodworks policies and practices.
- Recognize potentially hazardous materials, equipment and situations and follow safety procedures in order to minimize risk to self and nearby individuals.
- Responsibly support the department budget.
- Proactively recommend systems, resources and procedures to achieve department’s success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with three years relevant experience in business analysis or process improvement, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In addition, meet one of the following education/experience requirements: Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, OR:
- Six or more years of relevant experience and demonstrated leadership and documented responsibility for successfully managing key projects in a corporate environment, OR
- Possess one or more additional certifications in Quality, Business Process Management, Business Analysis, LSS, or Project Management or LSSGB.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in meeting deadlines, producing results and prioritizing workload.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and use those skills to effectively bridge the gap between the customer, IT, and QARA.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to promote and advance process improvement and effectively lead projects.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and produce results
- Understanding, or ability to obtain understanding, of specific business operations and needs
- Travel between Bloodworks locations within the Puget Sound area will be a frequent requirement.
- Travel within the Bloodworks service area to locations outside of the Puget Sound area will be an occasional requirement.
- May occasionally be required to work extended hours to support project or operational requirements.
- Requires the ability to work scheduled holidays and weekends.
- Renton, WA 98057, USA