Help save lives every day! Bloodworks is hiring for a Process Developer in our Blood Services department. The incumbent will Identify opportunities and coordinate all change activity related to process improvement within the department. Perform and schedule departmental training sessions and in-services for department staff. This position ensures all processes are in compliance with regulatory standards, analyzes quality metrics, authors SOPs and validations, participates in department and organizational projects, and performs departmental training and competency assessments.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES- As a Process Developer:
- Maintain current working knowledge of regulations, standards, and other requirements applicable to the Blood Center’s processes.
- Revise, create, and effectively communicate departmental policies, processes, procedures, and validation protocols in compliance with requirements and standards of regulatory and professional agencies.
- Facilitate and/or coordinate process improvement teams incorporating Lean philosophies.
- Apply critical thinking skills to meet specific needs of daily work and process improvement situations.
- Produce metric reports and presentations to measure and communicate daily activities, process improvement directives, corrective actions and successes.
- Engage in timely and effective communication with department leadership and other stakeholders regarding process improvement initiative plans, progress, and issues.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by observing operations, analyzing data, and reviewing processes.
- Conduct evaluations of new methodologies, development studies, and clinical trials of interest to the department.
- Prepare for and conduct departmental training, including new employee orientation, as assigned.
- Assist with and/or perform competency assessments, as assigned.
- Conduct policy/process/procedure and validation training using the most appropriate education techniques.
- Maintain department training and competency records.
- Function as a department resource for educational activities such as laboratory tours.
- Proactively work as a team with the other Process Developer and Trainers to delegate tasks to ensure even distribution of workload to develop achievable timelines for task completion.
- Develop and nurture a strong relationship with QARA, Donor Services, Product Manufacturing and Control, and Hospital Services; collaborate effectively with other departments.
- Advise and educate department leadership and staff regarding:
- Maintain proficiency in departmental procedures, as assigned.
- Perform departmental procedures, as assigned.
- Function as department liaison for internal and external vendors/clients regarding operational needs and issues (e.g. including but not limited to maintaining on-line software program, hospital client training, assisting with hospital complaint documentation, apheresis collection devices).
- Perform and/or assist with internal and external audits of the department.
- Represent Blood Services in process improvement and/or Change Control projects, as assigned.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as written.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in related work experience in one of the following disciplines: science, healthcare, business, education, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of blood banking industry experience required. At least 3 years of experience in a relevant operational department preferred.
- Training experience preferred.
- Experience with Lean disciplines preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Advanced knowledge of blood banking standards and regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be well organized and have effective time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong facilitation and critical thinking skills.
- Use of a company or personal vehicle for company business requires an acceptable driver’s record as described by the vehicle policy.
- Job conditions to be expected include occasional travel to other Bloodworks locations, including overnight stays, and occasional overtime.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (extended and varied hours), including work on holidays and weekends, and on-call.
- This position has routine indirect exposure to blood borne pathogens, and occasional direct exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Renton, WA 98057, USA