Contact Center Specialist I
Do you love talking to people? Would you like to make a real difference within the community? Then this job might be for you! We currently have an opening for a Contact Center Specialist I at our Renton facility. The incumbent will play an essential role at Bloodworks by ensuring the supply of blood and blood components for patients in the community through donor engagement and scheduling volunteer donation appointments. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to meet Bloodworks’ goals an inventory levels.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES as a Contact Center Specialist I:
- Contact potential and existing whole blood, apheresis, plasmapheresis, and automated red blood cell donors and educate on Blood Center programs and services.
- Schedule whole blood, apheresis, plasmapheresis, and automated red blood cell donors for appointments, ensuring accuracy and completing information necessary for proper tracking.
- When working in a Donor Center:
- Engage with donors for the purpose of rebooking; providing education about different types of donations applicable to their blood type and get them signed up. Provide exceptional customer service to donors and use appropriate levels of persuasion to help ensure our organization meets our goals so that we may support the communities we serve.
- Support, partner, mentor and help educate center volunteers on ways to provide excellent customer service, rebook and up-sell donors about different types of donations applicable to their blood type.
- Train and mentor volunteers and employees on high-level donor/customer service and engagement
- Assist with training and mentoring volunteers and employees on high-level donor/customer service and engagement
- Maintain donor records and accurately update demographic and master file information.
- Provide donors with accurate information regarding their donation, donation history, sites, medical eligibility and contacts.
- Respond to donor email with accuracy and efficiency.
- Attend team and department meetings.
- Participate in team workgroups focusing on Contact Center strategies and initiatives.
- Attend customer service training and additional job related workshops, as necessary.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as written.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Three months experience as a Contact Center Specialist II or one year in a telemarketing and/or direct customer contact environment.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Effective customer service skills
- Familiarity with and experience using computers and computer keyboard
- Ability to type accurately at a moderate speed (20-40 wpm)
- Excellent written, verbal, comprehension, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy, attention to detail, and timely follow-through
- Effective influence skills/persuasive ability
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to communicate/interact with persons of all age groups, personalities, and diverse backgrounds in a polite/professional manner, regardless of situation/difficulties
- Ability to work variable shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Must maintain appropriate performance metrics
- Must consistently engage in professional behaviors and interactions with donors and staff to maintain role as Rebooker
- Extensive close computer work.
- Must be able to attend a three-month training.
- Occasional substantial overtime.
- Occasional attending of daytime, evening or weekend meetings.
- Professional attire must be worn at all times when working in a Blood Center.
- New hires will be required to become a CCSII within 3 months and will be located in our Renton Contact Center.
- This is a full-time position.
- Renton, WA 98057, USA