Manager, Senior Administrative Business
Since 1974, the Washington Center for Bleeding Disorders has been helping people with bleeding disorders obtain early, effective treatment and acquire skills that foster independence and minimize the acute and chronic complications from a bleeding disorder.
Bloodworks has an exciting opening for a Senior Administrative Business Manager. The incumbent will manage business operational processes of the Washington Center for Bleeding Disorders (WACBD) to assure continuity of services related to activities including billing, contracting, funding, grant support, research, and 340B program business requirements.
PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES
Within the department
- With the Director, set direction, vision, values and policy for the department consistent with Bloodworks’ mission
- Consistently model values of Bloodworks and coach for same expectation; contribute and build upon current practices and procedures in support of values, mission and goals
- Ensure that department documents, procedures and actions are in compliance with all laws, regulations, standards, and policies. Ensure that staff follows these requirements.
- Hire, develop and retain successful management team and direct reports
- Ensure customer needs and expectations are met
- Ensure all department employees have relevant goals and that evaluation is ongoing
- Monitor successes and challenges of direct and indirect reports
- Ensure department supports a balance of employee personal and business goals
- Determine and manage to department budget and forecasting
- Understand current state and best practices of our industry; know what the competition is doing
- Use data and analytical thinking in planning, making decisions and solving complex problems
- Recommend and maintain proper staffing levels to carry out department objectives
- Recommend and provide systems, resources and procedures as appropriate to achieve department’s success
- Personally demonstrate and inspire a commitment to quality through compliance with laws, regulations, standards, policies, procedures and practices
- Drive for continuous process improvement and standard work
As a member of the management team
- Assist Director in setting department direction, consistent with Bloodworks vision and values.
- Provide timely and honest feedback to fellow managers regarding how the team functions
- Collaborate, challenge and offer support to fellow managers to ensure each department is contributing to the success of the organization
- Create continuous dialogue that is timely, trusted and transparent
- Maintain confidentiality
Within the community
Be an advocate for Bloodworks within the community
- Provides business needs support to staff of the WACBD as designated by the Medical Director.
- Has direct oversight and supervision of staff Provides timely feedback and evaluation of performance including coaching, mentoring and guidance in daily operational activities.
- Works in collaboration with support departments and staff to assure thorough and comprehensive approach to problem solving.
- Responsible for timely submission of all reports and data requirements related to grant funding or other agencies.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with contracts, billing and related business activities.
- Monitors and renews or renegotiates contracts that support business needs of WACBD.
- Works with Pharmacy team and contracting, to evaluate, identify, and /or renew contracting opportunities with payers.
- Serves as a liaison to outside vendors, contractors and others for business needs of WACBD
- Facilitates meetings and projects as requested by Medical Director.
- Provides data, analysis, and recommendations during budget planning.
- Works in collaboration with Medical Director and Financial Planning and Analysis team to develop annual budget and monthly forecast
- Responsible for explaining fluctuations in financial and operational results
- Works in collaboration with Medical Director in goal setting, metrics building, and setting strategic initiatives.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to business and operational processes to increase operating efficiencies.
- Develops and implements department goals, objectives and systems In collaboration with staff and leadership.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Leads development and implementation of department policies, practices and plans.
- Manages processes to assure compliance and accountability with regulatory and compliance practices including SOPs, ORFs, and audits.
- Provides support and assistance to staff and leadership in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring processes of new employees.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as written.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education, work experience, and/or specialized training/certifications.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a relevant business environment with demonstrated success with increasing responsibilities in supervision, data management, finance/accounting, analysis/reporting, and key deliverables.
- Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration can substitute for two years of relevant experience.
- Job conditions to be expected include regular regional travel and extended hours.
- Seattle, WA, USA