Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Berkshire Hathaway Media Group provides indispensable news coverage and advertising solutions in the communities it serves. BH Media owns and operates 119 newspapers, including 32 daily publications, in 10 states. Across our company, BH Media locations are the No. 1 source for local news in our markets. We are looking for a Sr. Human Resources Generalist to join our team and support our Corporate employees and Field HR Generalists.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist will work closely with management in supporting designated geographic regions to strategically create and implement new and effective programs in the functional areas of: safety, recruitment, benefits, employee relations, training, wellness, employee engagement, and on-boarding. This is a senior level position reporting to the Corporate Director of HR. This role is pivotal in helping to cultivate practices and procedures that support the BH Media business objectives across the footprint. The ideal candidate will have expertise in several relevant areas of HR and be excited about jumping in and adding immediate value to the organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or a related field.
· 5+years of work experience in Human Resources, preferably in an HR Business Partner or Generalist role.
· Specialized training in safety, recruitment, benefits, employee relations, training, wellness, employee engagement, and on-boarding.
· Prior work experience dealing with mid and senior level management.
· Willingness to learn, adapt to change, and take on additional duties and tasks.
· Trustworthy and upholds the standards of confidentiality.
· High level of interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated Project Management skills.
· Must possess considerable initiative, outstanding customer service skills, with ability to learn quickly.
· Familiarity with HR Processes and HRIS systems.
· Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Graduate-level degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or a related field.
· Prior experience with HRIS, i.e Ceridian.
· PHR/SPHR Certification or SHRMP-CP.
- Pay Type Salary
- Omaha World-Herald 1314 Douglas St, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America