The position is responsible for exercising discretion and independent judgment in soliciting independent newspaper carriers, achieving sales and service standards and improving market penetration through retention of current customers & solicitation of new customers. This position works closely with all departments in the Circulation Department to ensure accomplishment of sales, service and collections in assigned districts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
All functions must be performed within established company standards for quality and quantity of work, and other qualification standards such as attendance and rules of conduct; other duties may be assigned.
- Solicit and contract individuals to effectively service, and sell existing and new customers.
- Monitor carrier/distributor results daily and initiate corrective action based on results of carrier/distributor.
- Ensure all routine route functions, including delivering newspapers, are maintained in the absence of a contractor.
- Develop objectives; implement programs. Promote sales and service contests, and ensure all materials are distributed and understood.
- Conduct annual route audits to verify profitability.
- Conduct ongoing communication with customers to verify new orders, reverse cancellations and resolve service complaints.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain all required reports: i.e. expense reports, weekly planner, etc.
- Ability to promote and sell the newspaper while increasing market share.
- Available to work various hours Mon. – Sunday and receive phone calls at various hours of the day.
- Safely drive to and from various locations in assigned district.
- Interact positively with customers and contractors.
On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic understanding of production operations helpful. A newcomer would require a minimum of six months to become thoroughly familiar with the department's processes and procedures
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A reliable vehicle properly registered and insured and a valid New Jersey driver's license is required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Press of Atlantic City-Pleasantville Offc, Pleasantville, New Jersey, United States of America