Home Delivery Manager
The Roanoke Times, Roanoke, Virginia, United States of America Req #380
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
The Roanoke Times, a BH Media company, is seeking a Metro District Manager. This position is the direct link between the customers and Independent Contractors. Responsible for net paid circulation growth in home delivery and single copy for the assigned area. District managers work in a fast paced, fluid environment. They are organized into work in teams to provide assistance when needed and to improve the productivity of the department. It is imperative that all members work together. All members are expected to contribute 100% to the team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the distribution of the newspaper for assigned area.
- Oversees recruiting, interviewing, contracting, and training of independent contractors.
- Monitors complaint reports and performance to assure over-the-top customer service is being provided to our customers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must when completing contracts, credits, transaction requests, and bond forms for independent contractors.
- Participates in customer retention and sales efforts and motivates carrier force to obtain new subscribers as to hit targeted district goals.
- Assures that independent contractor payments are collected by the deadline, down routes are 100% collected, and bond notices are completed according to guidelines.
- Monitor single copy sales and returns to maximize net paid circulation.
- Responsible for verification of all single copy returns.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Management experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible, changing schedule.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Planning and developing strategies
- Problem solving
- Evaluating and setting priorities
- Good judgment, good communication skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- May run carrier routes if open.
- High School graduate or equivalent, college preferred (Associate or Bachelors)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an Office Professional
- strong background in administration, customer service and general office procedure.
- Position also requires extensive computer skills in word processing and worksheet preparation as a prerequisite.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to interface with associates, management and walk-in customers on a daily basis.
- Equivalent educational and on-the-job experience may be considered.
- Good driving record.
- Successful candidate must maintain dependable vehicle and current vehicle insurance.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Job Start Date Monday, July 29, 2019
- The Roanoke Times, Roanoke, Virginia, United States of America