American Sign Language Job Coach (PRN)
Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
JCS is seeking an American Sign Language Job Coach to work in our Park Height’s location. This position provides support and guidance to individuals with disabilities. This position is PRN - hours/shifts will vary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will teach/reinforce job skills
- Will teach/reinforce work habits
- Will teach/reinforce positive interpersonal behaviors
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to function as liaison to both client and employer to ensure job readiness, job development and job success
- Must have own transportation, clean driving record and current car insurance
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required, BA or BS in Social Service field preferred
- American Sign Language (ASL) required
- Experience with individuals with disabilities is required, prior DDA training preferred
Cover letter may be submitted to email@example.com
All opportunities at JCS are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of criminal background clearances, drug test, and degree and/or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family JCS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 5750 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA