Member & Guest Services Welcome Desk Associate - JCC
Under the direct supervision of the department director, the Member and Guest Services Associate is primarily responsible for delivering the highest quality of customer service to all members and guests at the JCC. This position is the first point of contact to all members and guests and requires being responsive to members needs while possessing extensive knowledge of the JCC.
This person is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, delivers the highest level of service to our members and potential members/guests, exemplifies professionalism, and ensures we adhere to the values and mission of the JCC.
Sundays 12pm - 7pm
- Customer centered attitude, strong work ethic and positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent: college degree preferred
- At least 2 years experience working in customer service, sales oriented or hospitality position
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to think critically
- Effectively be able to multitask; operating both computer and phone simultaneously
- Display interest in learning new process and skills
- Proficient with computer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide essential customer service to ensure member satisfaction and member appreciation. This includes greeting guest and members at main entrance upon arrival and departure in building. Ensure member scans their cards and all non members follow appropriate check in procedure.
- Proactively and accurately respond to client needs.
- Assist members with inquires, service, programs, sales, and event information.
- Provide assistance to member services in order to acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Conduct point of sales transactions (personal training, challah, tickets and class registration), receiving payments and processing if needed, issues receipts. Reconcile money bag daily.
- Promote JCC programs and services such a camp, kids center, and personal training.
- Must provide consistent and reliable attendance. Find adequate coverage in a timely manner alerting supervisor in advance of schedule changes or absence.
- Serves as a liaison between members and staff by communicating member concerns to proper supervisor.
- Maintains organization of front desk supplies and paperwork. Ensures desk is properly stocked with applications, membership folders and schedules. Also responsible for keeping desk area clean.
- Utilize Easy lobby check in for guests.
- Monitor cameras and intercoms to open access points throughout facility.
- Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, committees and special events.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Meet all JCC standards for professionalism in conduct and appearance at all times.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by member and guest services director.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use a computer; talk and hear. The employee may also be required to reach, grab and grip with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may, at times, be required to lift, pull.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA