We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. The Associated strives to find the most talented and dedicated individuals. We are committed to helping our professionals reach their highest potential. Ready for a change? Discover where vision, creativity, and talent come together.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Development Associate to join our dedicated team of Development Professionals. We are looking for someone who will engage volunteers through a variety of fundraising and engagement initiatives, programs and events. The ideal candidate should have experience working with volunteers, managing relationships and working in teams.
What You’ll Do:
• Create and implement programming for donors and prospective donors with a variety of professional backgrounds
• Cultivate, solicit and steward donors, and play a role in prospect identification and donor acquisition
• Train and support lay leaders through the development of strategy for meetings and events, generating written materials as needed
• Empower current and future lay leaders to feel a high degree of ownership, involvement and responsibility towards the fulfillment of The Associated’s mission
• Collaborate and strategize with The Associated’s Marketing Department
• Ensure accuracy of donor information on The Associated’s database
• Participate in Development Department and Associated meetings
• Represent The Associated and maintain a personable profile in the community by developing and maintaining relationships that will help advance The Associated’s mission.
What You'll Bring to the Job:
• Two years of non-profit fundraising experience.
• Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree is a plus.
• Dedicated to strengthening the Jewish Community and invested in engaging a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Superior ability to accomplish goals and to recruit, engage and motivate volunteers
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Creativity, flexibility, curiosity, and attention to detail
• Commitment to The Associated's mission
• Willingness to work select evenings and Sundays
• The ability to maintain confidentiality
• The ability to manage and resolve conflict
• Reliable transportation
• An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Experience with donor databases is advantageous.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
• Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401K, life insurance, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time and parental leave
• Professional development, mentoring and skill-building opportunities
• Potential to travel abroad, particularly to Israel
• Satisfaction in knowing you are making a difference in the lives of people in Baltimore and around the world
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family AJC
- Pay Type Salary
- 101 W Mt Royal Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA