Cardio Weight Room Ops - Floor Attendant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of the policies and procedures of the
University, Associated Students, CSUF, Inc., and the Student Recreation Center.
Maintain facilities in a safe and clean condition to permit participation by members and
Monitor recreational facility usage as designated by supervisor.
Ensure customer service is conducted in a courteous and professional manner to customers
and all other employees.
Be able to answer basic fitness questions and have extensive knowledge of the
equipment and proper workout technique.
Monitor designated fitness areas throughout each shift.
Offer useful, tactful, and safe advice to individuals regarding their exercise
program and/or use of equipment.
Report equipment breakdown or misuse of equipment and furniture in SRC areas.
Maintain records on non-member/member usage of facilities, equipment check out and guest
member check-in, and guest member check-in for group exercise classes.
Maintain strict adherence to safety procedures.
Provide towels to customers.
Attend mandatory safety meetings as scheduled.
Other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled in or accepted to California State University Fullerton.
- Recreational or commercial gym facility work experience preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be able to work under moderate supervision.
- Must be able to interact effectively with students, staff, and the community.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Must have good verbal communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to enforce rules and regulations to one’s peers.
- Must be physically able to perform duties as assigned.
- Adapt to team member work styles and work cooperatively will all Campus Recreation employees.
- Works effectively with coworkers, customers and others by sharing ideas in constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions form others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier and respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds.
- Must be able to keep an accurate record of hours worked by clocking in and out correctly.
Must be able to be on time, prepared to work and adhere to department dress code.
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to safely carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification within 30 days of employment.
- Required to be a Limited Mandatory Reporter and sign ASI Limited Mandatory Reporter Form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fullerton, CA, USA