Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Peak Adventures Bike Shop Manager, the Bicycle Technician is responsible for maintaining daily operational efficiency of the Bike Shop and setting a standard for customer service and relations by providing professional, efficient, accurate and friendly service to our customers. A Bicycle Technician is responsible for building and repairing bicycles, along with directing customers through the retail sales process. This position will also collaborate with other Peak Adventures staff as it pertains to the various areas of program operations that intersect with the Bike Shop resources. A Bicycle Technician will provide information related to Peak Adventures services and program/retail offerings.
PAY RATE: $12.25-$12.49/hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a complete and thorough overhaul of a bicycle to the standards of Peak Adventures. This includes inspecting for damage/wear, overhaul of all main bearing assemblies, wheel truing, adjusting brakes and derailleurs, using parts washer to clean drive trains, check dropout alignment, resurface brake pads, lube/replace chain/cables, and install common bike accessories.
• Clearly and completely fill out bike service tags, special order tags and other retail sales documentation.
Reliably diagnose and estimate cost of common repairs.
• Complete repairs and installations of parts and accessories in a timely manner, meeting all safety standards.
• Direct customers through the retail sales process with a high level of customer service.
• Assist in maintaining appropriate parts/bikes inventory for resale.
• Support the bike rental process by inspecting rental bicycles and other accessories.
• Maintain a clean and friendly work area including bike shop, store lobby and other inventory storage areas.
• Provide feedback to the Bike Shop Manager that aims to improve the operational efficiency and customer service.
• Attend a 6-hour Basic Bike Maintenance training.
• Assist in general customer service by answering phones, assisting with program registration and checking in/out rental gear.
Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
• Promote ASI and Peak Adventure mission and values.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Must meet Sacramento State student assistant eligibility requirements
• Prior bike maintenance experience
• Ability to stand and use hands for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
• Ability to withstand daily exposure to various chemicals such as grease and cleaning solutions • Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Former work experience in sales or retail
• General knowledge of outdoor programming and equipment
• Preferred 1-2 years of bike repair experience
• Retail/customer service experience
• CPR/First Aid certifications
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA